Bot in a Day Workshop
Motifwork is partnering with Microsoft to deliver this hands-on workshop.
Bots, popularly known as chatbots and virtual assistants, can streamline your operations by answering frequently asked questions, engaging with customers on chat or automating routine tasks.
Developers and IT professionals
- Basics of Bots
- Underlying Artificial Intelligence (AI) Technologies
- Use Cases
- How to build a bot
An overview of bots and AI in the morning, followed by an afternoon of lab-style exercises where attendees will build their own bots with the help of our experts.
After the workshop, you’ll understand how to build all different chatbots, including the examples below:
- Data Retrieval Bot – Bots on SAP/ERP/CRM systems can sort and retrieve specific data for employees and increase productivity.
- Customer Service Bot – Virtual agents on your website or app can answer customer questions, make product suggestions, and manage their returns.
- Logistics Bot – Bots can facilitate procurement, track deliveries, and handle various repetitive tasks to streamline operations.
- Azure Bot Service
- Microsoft Bot Framework
- QnA Maker
- Cognitive Services
- LUIS (Language Understanding Intelligent Service)
IMPORTANT – LAB PREREQUISITES: Attendees Must Setup Prior to Event.
The following prerequisites and setup must be completed for successful completion of the exercise.
- You must have a PC with Visual Studio 2015 or later. Install Visual Studio 2017for Windows.
- NOTE: For the best experience do not bring a Mac.
- In Visual Studio, update all extensions to their latest versions.
- Download the Bot Application, Bot Controller, and Bot Dialog .zip files. Install the project template by copying Bot Application.zip to your Visual Studio 2017 project templates directory. Install the item templates by copying Bot Controller.zip and Bot Dialog.zip to your Visual Studio 2017 item templates directory.
- You need to be able to connect to the Internet.
- You need a Microsoft Account for Cognitive Services.
As part of the workshop, please plan to bring your laptop/PC with you.
Microsoft Office – Richmond, VA (Glen Allen)
4301 Dominion Blvd
Glen Allen, VA 23060